Maybe you can break that task into smaller sub-tasks? The first small subtask may be easier to start with – and then you‘re in the flow…
- How do you get into the “zone” when you have to do something you don’t want to do?
- Can I do many tasks in one deep work session?
- Do you also find it weird that it’s right at the end of the morning routine? Where would you move it to?
- What your best tip to develop self control?
- How do you keep your work space organized while you’re in deep work? Do you?
I can also struggle with this. Key is to eliminate distractions. Grab a cup of tea and coffee, put your phone on silent or do not disturb mode, you don’t want to have to reach for your phone to check things. Set a timer for the time you want to complete the task or start a deep work exercise on here and then put your phone at a distance that you can’t reach. Devote yourself to the task and if any distractions arise write them down and carry on! You’ll feel super proud when you complete the task! And I know this because I can struggle with focus and completing tasks a lot but this actually helps, bit by bit we’ll get there! Good luck 🙂 x
I set a certain amount of time that I will focus on work and plan what kind of fun things I will do during the break after that work time. It motivates me to work harder because there is a reward that I can look forward to.
Preplan is the answer , then break it down in smaller parts, easier to set small goals ,get them done and continue through the list
Drink water. Make sure you dont have any food cooking or expecting to go out or ppl to come in. Take 3 deep breath and force you as down and do it because you can
- How do you deal with distractions?
- What do you do during your deep work session?
- How to you kick start of your work, especially when it’s boring
- What do you do for your deep work?
- How do you keep yourself focused with distractions
- What do you consider deep work on weekends or rest days?
- Any tips from users with ADHD?
- How are you disciplined about getting started? And how do you avoid distractions during the time? I’m in an open plan office so that’s is tricky.
- How to do deep work as you no time for that?
- Is it helpful to listen to classical music or other music while doing deep work?