Maybe you can break that task into smaller sub-tasks? The first small subtask may be easier to start with – and then you‘re in the flow…
- What value have you gotten from deep work in your life?
- What do you do when you “do” deep work? Write? Journal? Sit quietly?
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Do you consider your wandering thoughts a distraction?
- How do you know that deep work sessions more than 25mins have finished as they have no alarms indicating end of time?
I can also struggle with this. Key is to eliminate distractions. Grab a cup of tea and coffee, put your phone on silent or do not disturb mode, you don’t want to have to reach for your phone to check things. Set a timer for the time you want to complete the task or start a deep work exercise on here and then put your phone at a distance that you can’t reach. Devote yourself to the task and if any distractions arise write them down and carry on! You’ll feel super proud when you complete the task! And I know this because I can struggle with focus and completing tasks a lot but this actually helps, bit by bit we’ll get there! Good luck 🙂 x
I set a certain amount of time that I will focus on work and plan what kind of fun things I will do during the break after that work time. It motivates me to work harder because there is a reward that I can look forward to.
Preplan is the answer , then break it down in smaller parts, easier to set small goals ,get them done and continue through the list
Drink water. Make sure you dont have any food cooking or expecting to go out or ppl to come in. Take 3 deep breath and force you as down and do it because you can
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?