I can also struggle with this. Key is to eliminate distractions. Grab a cup of tea and coffee, put your phone on silent or do not disturb mode, you don’t want to have to reach for your phone to check things. Set a timer for the time you want to complete the task or start a deep work exercise on here and then put your phone at a distance that you can’t reach. Devote yourself to the task and if any distractions arise write them down and carry on! You’ll feel super proud when you complete the task! And I know this because I can struggle with focus and completing tasks a lot but this actually helps, bit by bit we’ll get there! Good luck 🙂 x
Maybe you can break that task into smaller sub-tasks? The first small subtask may be easier to start with – and then you‘re in the flow…
Preplan is the answer , then break it down in smaller parts, easier to set small goals ,get them done and continue through the list
J Ssia Q.
Drink water. Make sure you dont have any food cooking or expecting to go out or ppl to come in. Take 3 deep breath and force you as down and do it because you can
I set a certain amount of time that I will focus on work and plan what kind of fun things I will do during the break after that work time. It motivates me to work harder because there is a reward that I can look forward to.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?