1. You want to do the thing but you are scared you will do it wrong and disappoint yourself/someone else
2. You don’t really want to do the thing, it’s not for you.
Once you ask the question of yourself it can be surprisingly easy to work out which. If it’s 1, compassion for yourself is key, self love is everything at the core of things. If it’s 2, do you really have to do it? And if so, can it be linked in your mind to longer term goals you DO want to do? For example ‘I don’t want to do my taxes but if I do I’ll sleep better tonight and I deserve that’
– in both cases, allow yourself to be led by your needs, allow your needs, compassion and understanding of yourself of key! If you punish yourself for being lazy, that won’t help, and if you aren’t on your own side you are more likely to experience 1.
Have a lovely day! I’m on holiday in Spain. Peace out 💖🔮💖
- How do you calm the monkey mind with ritual?
- What is one lesson you took away from your meditation habit?
- How many times, on average, do you meditate a day?
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I feel like I don’t have time in the morning for my whole morning routine, any tips?
Then practice focused deep work.
Eat and sleep healthy.
Enjoy your family & friends.
When something doesn’t not go according to plan, try your best to fix it rather than ignoring it, being lazy, or even afraid of the change in plan, fix it and move forward.
remember to see the change in plan as a new experience or challenge rather than set back.
- What is meditation for you? What else do you experience as if meditating? Is meditation a specific activity?
- What meditation is the most beneficial when you’re new to meditation?
- Do you vary your times, or meditate more than once?
- What time of day do you most like to meditate?
- What’s your best meditation experience to date?
- How do you manage to concentrate and not be disturbed by noise and other thoughts while meditating?
- What do you observe while meditating? What is on your mind?
- Have you seen any conscious changes in your daily routines? If so what are they?
- Is it wrong to meditate while lying down?
- How “deep” does one go into meditation? I feel that I stay quite aware of my surroundings. Is this OK?