My husband and I keep either the humidifier or a fan going beside our bed. We still get the noise without the light and distraction of the tv
No Lie Z.
Use a white noise machine (or app on your phone instead) if that’s too quiet start with a slower-paced podcast or only mildly interesting audiobook instead.
Make sure you go to bed only when you feel tired. Lying there waiting to feel tired will cut the connection in you brain between your bed and sleeping. Find something else to do until you are tired, such as reading or playing an instrument. No screens allowed!
Playing ambient music instead of TV should help. Switch off all the lights in the room even the electronics that produce blue lights. This should enable a good sleep.
Just remove it from your bedroom. And start reading before sleep, or, if you don't like silence, use music colomns, or headphones to listen sounds of neture, or asmr sounds
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?