I stare at one point on the wall if I am sitting down or a point on the ceiling if I am lying down.
It is similar to the meditation where you have to focus on a candle flame rather than keeping your eyes closed.
If this doesn't do it you could keep your eyes partially or fully open and focused on a particular object or use your sight to look broadly as this often helps develop a connection to your surroundings.
Getting a little sleepy is ok as long as you stay awake and to be honest even if you do fall asleep it's not the end of the world meditation is for your benefit and if sleep is what it leads to maybe that's really what your body needs!
- How do you feel after meditation?
- How do you meditate well through illness or feeling pain? I find I struggle to breathe gently if I’m snuffling with a heavy cold and find it difficult to find peaceful calm in the face of persistent pain. Does anyone have strategies for meditating through these sort of challenges?
- Do you feel that meditation helps you?
- When do you find it easier to meditate: early in the day or to help wind down at night?
- How does one move from guided meditations to self directed meditation?
- How do I suppose to feel when meditate?
- How often do you recommend meditation?
- Best application to help me meditate?
- What part of meditation is your favorite?
- How do you motivate yourself to accomplish your habits when you’re busy?