I also once tried a walking mindfulness meditation, and absolutely loathed it. But a few years later I gave it another go – this time barefoot on soft grass – and it was simply amazing.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, try the whole palette to find what works for you.
I can do mindfulness without guidance, and I am comfortable with creative visualization. Guided meditation, especially with a voice that I comfortable with, work best for me, personally. Please meditate in any way that works for you. Good luck!
My favourite one is guided "loving kindness" meditation which is focused on expresing love toward ourself and toward creatures all over the world. And I love to meditate with sound of soft rain.
I do it until I feel ready to stop… But two minutes I think can be adequate…
… And then you sit… And go with whatever feels right. I've found it insightful sometimes, calming, pretty… And powerful emotionally. I've found it gives me what I need, shows me what I don't need… But that's just me…
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?