I also once tried a walking mindfulness meditation, and absolutely loathed it. But a few years later I gave it another go – this time barefoot on soft grass – and it was simply amazing.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, try the whole palette to find what works for you.
I can do mindfulness without guidance, and I am comfortable with creative visualization. Guided meditation, especially with a voice that I comfortable with, work best for me, personally. Please meditate in any way that works for you. Good luck!
My favourite one is guided "loving kindness" meditation which is focused on expresing love toward ourself and toward creatures all over the world. And I love to meditate with sound of soft rain.
I do it until I feel ready to stop… But two minutes I think can be adequate…
… And then you sit… And go with whatever feels right. I've found it insightful sometimes, calming, pretty… And powerful emotionally. I've found it gives me what I need, shows me what I don't need… But that's just me…
- Does maintaining an upright seated position while meditating get easier with practice?
- How do you meditate outside house, say at work, without attracting too much attention of people around?
- Do you ever meditate while lying on your back? Is this a valid way to meditate?
- I usually meditate by lying over the ground and closing my eyes… can I do it while doing other postures like Yoga and how to do it
- What’s you’re advice for someone with severe pain syndrome or fibromyalgia? When having bad days, it’s so hard to stick to the routines, the chain breaks so soon and it have physical and emotional pain everytime.
- Do you only use meditate as a point of focus or for anything else? Visualization, reflection, prayer?
- which part of the day do you feel is the best time for you to meditate? thanks!
- What is an ideal duration for meditating? What time of the day/night? Does it matters?
- Sitting on thr floor upright is painful for my back. Are there any suggestions on how to improve my meditation posture?
- Do any of y’all use headspace as a meditation app? How’s it going?