I am a big fan of post-it notes. If I was having trouble with stretching, I would either myself (or ideally have a friend or family member) hide “stretch it out!” Post-it notes in odd and obvious places. Every time you find one, you stretch for a minute. It doesn’t take much. You can do it anywhere and it’s even more fun when it’s a surprise! I’ve found supportive post-it Notes from my bff while brushing my teeth and standing line at the bank! Stretching is perfect for this technique because you really can stretch *something* for 60 seconds ANYWHERE! Even if it’s just your neck, hands, or ankles!
I have a hard time with this too. I started small and told myself just a small stretch at a time so that’s the way I am starting, one stretch. Takes just seconds. Then it might lead to another one. I found I was stressing myself out worrying about stretching. Lol.
- What’s the best stretches I can do to maximize my body?
- How do you stretch to relieve stiffness in the neck?
- How long did it take you to start noticing a difference?
- Sould I do it before breakfast ? Or should I do it after breakfast ? And whats about exercising ? Sould I do it before or after breakfast ??
- When should I stretch? When I wake up or before doing exercise or after doing excercise?
- Good stretching routines to follow along with?
- Do you only stretch in the morning or do you sometimes take a break from work to stretch, too?
- What is a static stretch?
- Best stretches for anxiety?
- How long is it recommended to do stretching?