I am a big fan of post-it notes. If I was having trouble with stretching, I would either myself (or ideally have a friend or family member) hide “stretch it out!” Post-it notes in odd and obvious places. Every time you find one, you stretch for a minute. It doesn’t take much. You can do it anywhere and it’s even more fun when it’s a surprise! I’ve found supportive post-it Notes from my bff while brushing my teeth and standing line at the bank! Stretching is perfect for this technique because you really can stretch *something* for 60 seconds ANYWHERE! Even if it’s just your neck, hands, or ankles!
I have a hard time with this too. I started small and told myself just a small stretch at a time so that’s the way I am starting, one stretch. Takes just seconds. Then it might lead to another one. I found I was stressing myself out worrying about stretching. Lol.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?