As you stand, make cactus arms and gently lean back, stretching your shoulders and chest. Breathe in as you hold for 5 seconds.
I personally like doing the "downward facing dog" yoga position if I'm going to do one quick stretch. I feel i get a lot of benefits from it and it's simple and easy. Remember that you don't have to be stationary. Bend your legs, rock your weight forward onto your hands and back onto your feet. It's great for the calves, hamstrings, and lower back.
For me, a great and easy quick stretch is when you sit on one knee and one leg on the ground and move your waist forward which is also called a knee hamstring. It is helpful for people who want thier body to be more flexible.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?