As you stand, make cactus arms and gently lean back, stretching your shoulders and chest. Breathe in as you hold for 5 seconds.
I personally like doing the "downward facing dog" yoga position if I'm going to do one quick stretch. I feel i get a lot of benefits from it and it's simple and easy. Remember that you don't have to be stationary. Bend your legs, rock your weight forward onto your hands and back onto your feet. It's great for the calves, hamstrings, and lower back.
For me, a great and easy quick stretch is when you sit on one knee and one leg on the ground and move your waist forward which is also called a knee hamstring. It is helpful for people who want thier body to be more flexible.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?