A good stretch is a stretch that feels good and makes you want to stay in that position for longer than initially planned. For the neck especially, afterwards must feel like your neck is fully free from tension 🙂
Dealing with pain i tend to get both my hands and place each hand either side of the back of my head and slowly push your chin to your chest and hold (if it causes tension dont do all the way to your chest know your limits) moving your head to the left with your ear moving to your shoulder and holding for 10-15 seconds do the same with your right.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?