A good stretch is a stretch that feels good and makes you want to stay in that position for longer than initially planned. For the neck especially, afterwards must feel like your neck is fully free from tension 🙂
Dealing with pain i tend to get both my hands and place each hand either side of the back of my head and slowly push your chin to your chest and hold (if it causes tension dont do all the way to your chest know your limits) moving your head to the left with your ear moving to your shoulder and holding for 10-15 seconds do the same with your right.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?