I do deep breaths and try to relax. That helps me get a deeper stretch and my muscles tend to relax afterwards. I also roll out them to get them to be loose
You shouldn’t feel too much pain when you stretch. Stretch to the point where you do feel the stretch working but not anything more. Make sure you hold that for at least 5 breaths. Anymore pain you feel could cause you harm like pulling a muscle. Make sure you’re drinking lots of water too. But hot baths and massaging sore muscles with coconut oil helps as well. Don’t use oil on yourself more than a few times a month because it can clog your pores and dry out skin. Massage oil is the best to use though.
I typically google modifications for the stretch. If I can’t find a modification that works for me, I look up ways to stretch that area in a different way
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?