I do deep breaths and try to relax. That helps me get a deeper stretch and my muscles tend to relax afterwards. I also roll out them to get them to be loose
You shouldn’t feel too much pain when you stretch. Stretch to the point where you do feel the stretch working but not anything more. Make sure you hold that for at least 5 breaths. Anymore pain you feel could cause you harm like pulling a muscle. Make sure you’re drinking lots of water too. But hot baths and massaging sore muscles with coconut oil helps as well. Don’t use oil on yourself more than a few times a month because it can clog your pores and dry out skin. Massage oil is the best to use though.
I typically google modifications for the stretch. If I can’t find a modification that works for me, I look up ways to stretch that area in a different way
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?