In our family we call it 'flat surface disease'. We either decorate it or let things fall into piles. I forced myself to enjoy clear spaces. Set a timer. Clear everything off. Put everything back where it goes. Take a picture. It's easier to clean with less items in the way. Do it every day. Think of it as resetting it for the next time in a few seconds… instead of spending all that time clearing it off again.
One thing I have learned to try to do is to look behind me or look back when leaving an area. Then I can see that I may need to clean up. Another thing that helps me is to set a timer for a couple of minutes and pick up the area.
- How do I get my partner to tidy up with me consistently?
- What stuff should I put under my bed?
- How where you feeling when you were cleaning
- What’s a good way to declutter early in the morning so you don’t disturb anyone still sleeping?
- How to organize the documents and papers? And how to get rid of unnecessary ones?
- Who has tricks or advice on how to keep up with laundry?! Mostly the folding. I’ve struggled with this chore my whole life.
- What if I want to buy organizers to make my room look better but I have no money whatsoever?
- Do you clean better in these small time slots or when you do it all at once?
- How often do you have a deep clean/ tidy? And how do you do it? What’s your routine ?
- How do you stay on top of keeping things tidy?