Addiction? Yea it does, the name itself says so. It enslaves your brain and its forcing you to think that it is the most important thing:more important than your job, family, friends.
I ususally buy myself a book or a small figurine only because I love them. Sometimes I take a photo and make a collage of my great moments. Hope this helps.
Disconnect and unplug can mean anything you want. I set my phone down before I start reading for the night then check it off in the morning. It can really mean anything you need it to mean.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?