- How do you stay focused during meditation?
- Can I imagine myself as watching myself be there rather than actually seeing through my own eyes? Does it reduce the benefits?
- How long do you meditate each day?
- Isn’t morning meditation making you feel sleepy?
- How do you maintain your habits when recovering from an injury?
I’m starting to meditate like five minutes under the water after a shower in the morning, that gets my day going more focused.
Depending when I meditate, in the mornings I sometimes sit in bed supported but not leaning against pillows, sometimes on the floor either on a yoga mat or a bolster. I always meditate with my eyes shut, but after this question I will try with my eyes open!!!
I kinda like internalising so close my eyes, but hey it’s always good to explore.
I sometimes go without music line when doing gratitude, sometimes use a full moon guided meditation and sometimes I use music. Often depends what my purpose for meditating is!! If I feel I need a bit of help I’ll use someone else guiding me, there are great YouTube channels and websites to help . My suggestion is to explore 🙏🏼
I used to close my eyes but nowadays I fell more comtkeepibg my eyes open and judt either look at a picture or a tree outside a window and focus my thoughts.
In the evening when I try to go to sleep, I am going to try laying still, closing my eyes , and quieting my mind using the Sleep Meditation MMF routine.
For relaxation I found more effective lying down and do a body scan meditation.
IMHO posture, meditation style and so are very personal, the best approach is to try different combination and find what suits you.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?