Meditation with chanting, meaning me chanting as I meditate I assume, is a practice technique. It’s a help in that it makes it harder for the mind to wander away. Help isn’t bad, considering how difficult it is when practicing meditation to focus, and getting to a more mindful and focused state where the mind is in the moment is what one is aiming for. And getting a better feel for what’s possible really helps. But — first of all I’m a pretty quiet person — and second of all I find it actually helps me take what I gain in practice into the rest of the world more if I do quiet meditation. Because it means it’s just me and all my proclivity for my attention to wander. That’s more like what I face moment to moment elsewhere, so I find I get more mileage from that practice in terms of, well, as a practice. As a thing I do to help me in other situations outside of meditation.
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?
- Where is the best place to meditate ?