- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks Caroline
- How do you find the motivation to do it every day? I manage fine during the week, but on the weekends I struggle.
- When do you go to sleep? I struggle to find time to exercise in the morning.
- How do you increase your self-discipline and not check emails as frequently during deep work?
- I have found that it’s difficult to complete the deep work habit as mindfully as the earlier tasks like water, breakfast, and exercise. I guess blocking distractions is a big part of getting this to be a more regular part of my routine but do you have any other suggestions so that I might complete this task more regularly?
(I also love wonderful – usually classical, and usually baroque – music with my wonderful noise cancelling headphones to help in busy and/or chatty environs…)
I thrive on pressure of commitments that I’ve made to others so artificial deadlines don’t work for me. It does help for me to commit to someone to get them a task be a certain date/time.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?