Kneel on ground with one leg up lean forward, but do not let your knee go over your toe.
Sit in ‘s’ shape then lay down. You can switch legs lying down or sit back up and switch.
For my back I tend to do a version of position number 5 from ballet. I like how the stretch engages my whole spine.
Back – I like to do a spine twist … you can do it seated or standing. Also for my lower back, I love laying on my back and sqeezing my knees into my chest with my arms to stretch out.
Shoulder rolls are good to begin with.
- Do you use Youtube for your stretching exercise? If so, which stretching guide videos are your favorite?
- I’m learning the splits – stretch morning or night?
- Do you enjoy stretching?
- Any easy stretches to do?
- Do you have any techniques that have worked for you to help get the splits?
- I carry most of my tension in my jaw, neck, and shoulders. What are some good stretches to loosen me up a bit and ease all the aches and stiffness I get in these places?
- What types of stretches do you do?
- Does anyone know of a good full body stretch routine? All links welcome
- Do you have any chest & shoulder stretches you’d recommend?
- How long should you do each stretch for. Is it possible to over stretch?