I haven't tried stretching in the evening but I'd think it depends on what you're looking for.
If you're looking for flexibility than both. If you're looking to relax then probably evening but if you do it right when you wake up, it centers you.
So I'd say whenever you can stretch. Its beneficial. 😉
In the morning. After waking up, my body needs the feeling of energy reaching throughout my body. It also puts me in a good mood that I have given my body and mind some love.
Personally, I find both very beneficial! Just 2-5 minutes of stretching when you wake up and before you go to bed is quick and good for your body. If I had to choose though, I’d say upon waking. It prepares my body for the rest of the days movements -and I can take that time to wake my mind as well.
I enjoy stretching in both the morning and the evening, though if I had to pick one I would stretch in the evening because it relaxes me before bed. 🙂
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?