Yes. Find a point where it burns, hold for at least a count of 5. Do the same on the other limb/joint/side of body and return to the one you start with to deepen the stretch. This will give you the most out of each session
I like to hold one pose for 30 seconds. But obviously some poses are harder than others. Take your time, give yourself 15 second breaks in between, do 2 sets of these poses 15 minutes each.
You should hold poses for at least a slow 10-count but longer is better. If you are very still start with 10 and relax then repeat. Gradually build to a longer count.
- What types of stretches do you do in the morning (if any)? Do you have a few recommendations that really work for you?
- Do you bounce or hold your stretch?
- What are good ways to stretch your feet and hands?
- Do prefer to stretch before sleeping or when you wake up?
- Is it best to stretch in the morning or before bed?
- What is your favorite way to stretch your neck?
- Dose any one have a really good stretching routine, because I would really like one but I have not found any really good ones that I can do at home.
- Name three sensations other than the physical burn you love about getting your stretch on?
- Bounce or no bounce in your stretch?
- What kind of stretches would you recommend for someone who has very limited mobility in their joints/overweight/unfit etc…