Yes. Find a point where it burns, hold for at least a count of 5. Do the same on the other limb/joint/side of body and return to the one you start with to deepen the stretch. This will give you the most out of each session
I like to hold one pose for 30 seconds. But obviously some poses are harder than others. Take your time, give yourself 15 second breaks in between, do 2 sets of these poses 15 minutes each.
You should hold poses for at least a slow 10-count but longer is better. If you are very still start with 10 and relax then repeat. Gradually build to a longer count.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?