Yes. Find a point where it burns, hold for at least a count of 5. Do the same on the other limb/joint/side of body and return to the one you start with to deepen the stretch. This will give you the most out of each session
I like to hold one pose for 30 seconds. But obviously some poses are harder than others. Take your time, give yourself 15 second breaks in between, do 2 sets of these poses 15 minutes each.
You should hold poses for at least a slow 10-count but longer is better. If you are very still start with 10 and relax then repeat. Gradually build to a longer count.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?