I think 30seconds is a good minimum to hold a pose, I start where I'm comfortable and go deeper as I breathe. My favourites include forward fold, lying back twist, and stretching the souls of my feet by kneeling with my toes tucked under me.
I love sitting down into a straddle and stretch while thinking about my day or what I’m gonna do tommorow! I try not to think about the past but the important things do matter😆 I like to just refuel my mind😌
I like to stretch my legs and my favourite is to sit down in a straddle position and lean towards one foot and touch it with the opposite hand. Do that on both sides and then try get your nose to your knee. After try get your stomach to the floor. I hold each for 8 counts and then repeat after doing the other side.
In the morning I start with sun salutations and flow to the count of approx 4 breaths. Repeating twice before moving on to a more exerting flow that’s 15 min to completion. Those positions I hold for 20 sec using an interval timer (20 sec high/15 low which is me eyeballing next move)
- What types of stretches do you do in the morning (if any)? Do you have a few recommendations that really work for you?
- Do you bounce or hold your stretch?
- What are good ways to stretch your feet and hands?
- Do prefer to stretch before sleeping or when you wake up?
- Is it best to stretch in the morning or before bed?
- What is your favorite way to stretch your neck?
- Dose any one have a really good stretching routine, because I would really like one but I have not found any really good ones that I can do at home.
- Name three sensations other than the physical burn you love about getting your stretch on?
- Bounce or no bounce in your stretch?
- What kind of stretches would you recommend for someone who has very limited mobility in their joints/overweight/unfit etc…