Yes. 110% yes. If you don't stretch you’re more likely to tear something. First thing you do at a track meet is stretching and warmups.
Yes, of course. With all the activity I have in practising music I am always prone to issues with arm muscles. I already noticed that stretching frees my body up and my playing is more relaxed
Yes! As a dancer myself, I usually do a quick, 5-10 minute warm-up before classes, gradually stretching more throughout the warm-up. Because I’m warmed up, my muscles are loose and that makes it less likely for them to strain while doing physical activity.
Hans Ulrich T.
It might help! It could definetely take longer but if you do it everyday once or twice and make sure you are having a good stretch it should be okay! I would reccomend 5 minutes or more instead of 3 but if 3 works for you go for it!
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?