It can be difficult for me to “leave work at work.” First, try to figure out why you bring work home. What’s affecting you at your job that ‘needs’ to be brought home? Why does work have such an effect on your mind?
Personally, I try not to let my happiness be controlled by worldly things. Sometimes things go wrong at work (or in life) that will effect you. But it’s up to you to decide how much.
You have to separate your purpose and meaning from your job. It does not define you and it cannot take control of your life. Something at work may be out of your control that is bothering you— take a breath and realize that you can only do your part in this world. The job might even be emotionally pervading, but it still does not decide your mood. You have to change your mindset so you don’t let it become obsessive.
Try to be present at all moments. When at work, don’t think about wanting to be home. When at home, don’t think about not wanting to be at work. Simply focus on those around you try to be truly present for them.
There’s always something that we can be worried/stressed about. It’s important to choose to place your joy in something less frivolous… something you know can never fail you.
And if you really need help changing your mindset, there is no harm in seeking help from a professional, whether it be psychological, spiritual or therapeutic.
It’s all about rituals, discipline a lots of it, which will fuel your motivation. Create a daily ritual, stick to it, and stop stressing about work. That doesn’t mean you won’t work hard, the work won’t get done by itself… but analyze your project or projects and create small goals to reach that project, and adjust those goals to your TIME, meaning that you have to know yourself, be honest and set goals that you can actually reach, in a daily matter. Focus, if it’s a 9-5 job, well set your goals around that time and after that, turn off everything. Be discipline both in your professional goals as your personal goals.
Be strong, be disciplined, practice time management tecniques, erase anything that consumes your time during that grind time, and when the clock stops, YOU stop. You will be more productive, creative and relaxed. Stressing just created a bad environment for you, your colleges and most importantly…. your family!
Best of wishes!
- Anybody have a fibro stretch routine ?
- Will it be more enjoyable if you do stretch habit with someone?
- How many times a day do you intentionally stretch?
- How do you do your stretches at work?
- Best way to stretch my lower back?
- Where do you focus your stretching and do you use specific exercises?
- What order do you stretch in? Which body parts do you work with first and/or most?
- What is a good upper back/neck stretch?
- I have severe back pain. I can barely sit with my legs straight, much less lean towards my toes. How can I gently stretch my hamstrings?
- Whats your best stretch pose and how long do you hold it for?