Yes. Each pose stretches your muscles. The thing I like about yoga is that it forces you to slow down your stretching so you are less likely to hurt yourself. The more yoga you do, the more flexible you will be.
I think so but I never tried it. I think it can be but also it can be a lot more than that. Stretching mixed with some kind of meditation and a bit of a workout.
There is stretching involved in yoga, but it is a workout. The first few minutes and the last few of a yoga session would be considered stretching, as they are the warm up and cool down of the session
Yin yoga is a form of stretching, and I would consider doing an hour of yin yoga before working out. Most other forms of yoga, however, are full workouts in their own right and I would not be able to do another exercise after.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?