To be very very honest, it's easier to focus and go through my thoughts when my eyes are open, I really don't know why but I get more ideas or like I find what I want to think easily when my eyes are open.
For me, it kind of depends on the chore you're doing at the moment. Closing my eyes works for me when I meditate or try to indulge myself into sleeping or breathing. Whenever my eyes are open I often daydream about ideas and visions of my goals but in different ways, so having my earphones on while I'm in a noisy place or being in a quiet place also helps me into focusing while having a constant, daily brainstorm.
- What do you do in the evening if you’re too tired to meditate?
- How are different techniques of meditation compatible with each other?
- How can I avoid binge eating?
- What are some tips that help you manage your distracting thoughts while meditating?
- Should a quiet environment be important when I meditate?
- How do you stay focused on meditations when you feel that you could be doing something else instead of being still for 5-10 minutes?
- How many times do you lose focus when meditating?
- How should I begin meditation as a total beginner?
- How do you keep the negative thoughts away?
- I’m a meditation beginner and I found my mind was always distracted by some memories inside my brain whenever I try to focus on my breath’s inhales and exhales. I know it needs time to practice. However, I want to know if there are some meditation skills I missed or something I was doing incorrectly?