Meditation is a non-negotiable for me. It’s quite possibly the only non-negotiable in my life. There is an understand in my household that I will take 20 minutes in my way and sit. I am married and have 3 & 6 year old boys and everyone respects this time as something that I need and that I should only be disturbed for emergencies. As a mother, I look forward to this time more than most any other time in my day. A moment where I am not being climbed on, talked to/at, having requests made of me…don’t get me wrong, I love being a mother, but saying “this is time for me” is really important. Start small. Sit for 5 minutes a day, then add a minute every week until you get up to 20. I have my meditation cushion right beside my bed so I literally have to step over it to get in or out of bed. I can’t use the excuse that I “forgot” today. Unless I wake up earlier than everyone else, I typically meditate after I drop my kids at school, before I focus on anything else in my home or work. Stick with it! It will be worth it!
Find a system that works for you and stick with it for three months. For me the 1 Giant Mind app was my solution. It is an important part of my morning routine.
For me, beginning my meditation practice first thing in the morning makes it easier to remember. Also, I prefer guided meditation. Complete silent meditation is very difficult for me. I don't generally use this app for my guided meditations, but there are several free apps that are really good options if you want to maintain a meditation practice. Good luck!
I have been practicing meditation for more than 10 years. Practice is the key word. Meditate without judgement. The mind wanders, it's ok. Use a guided meditation practice. Accept yourself. Namaste🧘♀️🙏
Don’t skip a day, if you only have 5 minutes, still do it and when you have more time return to your normal duration. Consistency is key.
- How often/long do you meditate?
- How do you keep meditating and focused?
- At what point in your routine do you meditate: if morning, before/after breakfast; if at night, early/later on in routine?
- Do you meditate in the morning or at night?
- Is it normal for thoughts during meditation to be kind of loud and busy?
- Which meditation do you practice on a daily basis?
- I prefer to meditate at midday. Why does Fabulous insist in meditating in the morning?
- What audio do you use to meditate? If you use any.
- Does it really matter if I do it in the afternoon because I have no time in the morning?
- Do you prefer meditating alone or with a group and why?