Meditation is a non-negotiable for me. It’s quite possibly the only non-negotiable in my life. There is an understand in my household that I will take 20 minutes in my way and sit. I am married and have 3 & 6 year old boys and everyone respects this time as something that I need and that I should only be disturbed for emergencies. As a mother, I look forward to this time more than most any other time in my day. A moment where I am not being climbed on, talked to/at, having requests made of me…don’t get me wrong, I love being a mother, but saying “this is time for me” is really important. Start small. Sit for 5 minutes a day, then add a minute every week until you get up to 20. I have my meditation cushion right beside my bed so I literally have to step over it to get in or out of bed. I can’t use the excuse that I “forgot” today. Unless I wake up earlier than everyone else, I typically meditate after I drop my kids at school, before I focus on anything else in my home or work. Stick with it! It will be worth it!
- Sometimes I feel that meditation is wasting my time. How do I stop that?
- What tool, if any, is the most helpful while meditating? I personally use Mala beads, but would like to try more.
- What are the benefits of meditation?
- I find it very difficult to start my morning habit and to carry on to the end. Today it is 2 o’clock in the afternoon and I have just now finished everything in my morning routine. And that’s another day shot. Does anyone else have this problem?How do I get started earlier in the morning, and not keep stopping and wandering off and doing other things?
- What motivates you to meditate ever day?
Find a system that works for you and stick with it for three months. For me the 1 Giant Mind app was my solution. It is an important part of my morning routine.
For me, beginning my meditation practice first thing in the morning makes it easier to remember. Also, I prefer guided meditation. Complete silent meditation is very difficult for me. I don't generally use this app for my guided meditations, but there are several free apps that are really good options if you want to maintain a meditation practice. Good luck!
I have been practicing meditation for more than 10 years. Practice is the key word. Meditate without judgement. The mind wanders, it's ok. Use a guided meditation practice. Accept yourself. Namaste🧘♀️🙏
Don’t skip a day, if you only have 5 minutes, still do it and when you have more time return to your normal duration. Consistency is key.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?