Find a system that works for you and stick with it for three months. For me the 1 Giant Mind app was my solution. It is an important part of my morning routine.
Meditation is a non-negotiable for me. It’s quite possibly the only non-negotiable in my life. There is an understand in my household that I will take 20 minutes in my way and sit. I am married and have 3 & 6 year old boys and everyone respects this time as something that I need and that I should only be disturbed for emergencies. As a mother, I look forward to this time more than most any other time in my day. A moment where I am not being climbed on, talked to/at, having requests made of me…don’t get me wrong, I love being a mother, but saying “this is time for me” is really important. Start small. Sit for 5 minutes a day, then add a minute every week until you get up to 20. I have my meditation cushion right beside my bed so I literally have to step over it to get in or out of bed. I can’t use the excuse that I “forgot” today. Unless I wake up earlier than everyone else, I typically meditate after I drop my kids at school, before I focus on anything else in my home or work. Stick with it! It will be worth it!
For me, beginning my meditation practice first thing in the morning makes it easier to remember. Also, I prefer guided meditation. Complete silent meditation is very difficult for me. I don't generally use this app for my guided meditations, but there are several free apps that are really good options if you want to maintain a meditation practice. Good luck!
Don’t skip a day, if you only have 5 minutes, still do it and when you have more time return to your normal duration. Consistency is key.
I have been practicing meditation for more than 10 years. Practice is the key word. Meditate without judgement. The mind wanders, it's ok. Use a guided meditation practice. Accept yourself. Namaste🧘♀️🙏
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??