Find a system that works for you and stick with it for three months. For me the 1 Giant Mind app was my solution. It is an important part of my morning routine.
Meditation is a non-negotiable for me. It’s quite possibly the only non-negotiable in my life. There is an understand in my household that I will take 20 minutes in my way and sit. I am married and have 3 & 6 year old boys and everyone respects this time as something that I need and that I should only be disturbed for emergencies. As a mother, I look forward to this time more than most any other time in my day. A moment where I am not being climbed on, talked to/at, having requests made of me…don’t get me wrong, I love being a mother, but saying “this is time for me” is really important. Start small. Sit for 5 minutes a day, then add a minute every week until you get up to 20. I have my meditation cushion right beside my bed so I literally have to step over it to get in or out of bed. I can’t use the excuse that I “forgot” today. Unless I wake up earlier than everyone else, I typically meditate after I drop my kids at school, before I focus on anything else in my home or work. Stick with it! It will be worth it!
For me, beginning my meditation practice first thing in the morning makes it easier to remember. Also, I prefer guided meditation. Complete silent meditation is very difficult for me. I don't generally use this app for my guided meditations, but there are several free apps that are really good options if you want to maintain a meditation practice. Good luck!
Don’t skip a day, if you only have 5 minutes, still do it and when you have more time return to your normal duration. Consistency is key.
I have been practicing meditation for more than 10 years. Practice is the key word. Meditate without judgement. The mind wanders, it's ok. Use a guided meditation practice. Accept yourself. Namaste🧘♀️🙏
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?