I use meditation. It forces my mind onto something else. I try to do it before bed because the mind chatter leads to insomnia and it has been working. I fall asleep. I also have a reminder to breathe in the afternoon. Mantras that I say when thoughts disrupt me have also been helpful.
I have never heard that phrase before in my life, but, assuming one means calming your mind, I use meditation twice a day. I could probably use it more than that, too. But it moment of overwhelm, I am trying to practice feeling the emotion, taking a deep breath and forgiving myself, then do what I can in the moment. Keeping a ongoing list of thoughts on my phone Is helpful, too. I am thinking of doing a journal practice after my meditation, too.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?