I've tried body-ballet today. What an experience! It was difficult and rewarding, tiresome and beautiful, harsh and pleasant. Not sure that I will keep going for the classes, but I feel thankful for this amazing experience!
- What kind of meditation do you usually preform? Any good books to deepen my insight?
- How do you get out of a mental funk??
- When I meditate for longer time, like half an hour. I feel like I am being moved by my mind in a certain direction, what is this feeling and how to avoid or remove it?
- What do you do if you want a savory breakfast but you hate eggs?
- How much do you floss and what’s motivating your habit?
I’ve only tried the beginning stretching activity but the one where you have one foot and one hand on the ground was challenging.
I follow a couple of physical therapists who put new stretches on their daily podcast. So I just use those to stretch. That way it focuses on varied muscles. I get to try something new, and I add my favorites to my routine.
I tried the stretch where you lay on the ground and put your legs up on the wall before bedtime. It’s supposed to relax you and help sleep. Not sure that I noticed that but am willing to try again!
I personally have fun doing backbend (bridge), splits, straddles, anything that is related to gymnastics. Trust me it's super fun
Two of my favorite new stretches are yoga inspired. You go into child’s pose, then you can add variations while in that pose. First, move your arms over to the right at a 45-degree angle and hold the pose for a count of 20. Then do the same on the left. Go back to original child’s pose, then thread your left arm under your right at a 90-degree angle while turning your head to the right and placing your left ear on the floor. Hold for a count of 20 and repeat reverse on the left side.
Been using my TRX bands to help stretch my upper body especially front of chest and shoulders, since my work involves hands forward and center all day.
- What are the best (
- When do you stretch for maximum benefit?
- How do I keep with the routines on a constantly changing schedule?
- What benefits have you noticed from stretching?
- Any healthy eating habits to share?
- What are other mediation apps can I use for free?
- What are the best (& easiest) stretches to do (especially for back)?
- I’m looking for a credible website that has instructions and photos/video of flexibility improving yoga poses. Any suggestions?
- What stretches are good for neck pain?
- What is your favourite way to stretch?