I've tried body-ballet today. What an experience! It was difficult and rewarding, tiresome and beautiful, harsh and pleasant. Not sure that I will keep going for the classes, but I feel thankful for this amazing experience!
- Where can I learn new stretching techniques?
- How long do you hold each stretch for?
- How important is positive self-talk for you when stretching and reaching your goals?
- What do you do to celebrate? I’m stumped on how come up with my own celebration.
- How long do you typically take to stretch and do you concentrate on any specific area of your body?
I’ve only tried the beginning stretching activity but the one where you have one foot and one hand on the ground was challenging.
I follow a couple of physical therapists who put new stretches on their daily podcast. So I just use those to stretch. That way it focuses on varied muscles. I get to try something new, and I add my favorites to my routine.
I tried the stretch where you lay on the ground and put your legs up on the wall before bedtime. It’s supposed to relax you and help sleep. Not sure that I noticed that but am willing to try again!
I personally have fun doing backbend (bridge), splits, straddles, anything that is related to gymnastics. Trust me it's super fun
Two of my favorite new stretches are yoga inspired. You go into child’s pose, then you can add variations while in that pose. First, move your arms over to the right at a 45-degree angle and hold the pose for a count of 20. Then do the same on the left. Go back to original child’s pose, then thread your left arm under your right at a 90-degree angle while turning your head to the right and placing your left ear on the floor. Hold for a count of 20 and repeat reverse on the left side.
Been using my TRX bands to help stretch my upper body especially front of chest and shoulders, since my work involves hands forward and center all day.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?