I've tried body-ballet today. What an experience! It was difficult and rewarding, tiresome and beautiful, harsh and pleasant. Not sure that I will keep going for the classes, but I feel thankful for this amazing experience!
- What about drinking 200 ml of milk for breakfast?
- Do you have any quick breakfast ideas to eat and go?
- How do you manage to maintain focus and flow in distracting – and unavoidable – environments?
- How do you not get overwhelmed by your to-do list?
- What is the best method and time of day to meditate for focus and energy?
I’ve only tried the beginning stretching activity but the one where you have one foot and one hand on the ground was challenging.
I follow a couple of physical therapists who put new stretches on their daily podcast. So I just use those to stretch. That way it focuses on varied muscles. I get to try something new, and I add my favorites to my routine.
I tried the stretch where you lay on the ground and put your legs up on the wall before bedtime. It’s supposed to relax you and help sleep. Not sure that I noticed that but am willing to try again!
I personally have fun doing backbend (bridge), splits, straddles, anything that is related to gymnastics. Trust me it's super fun
Two of my favorite new stretches are yoga inspired. You go into child’s pose, then you can add variations while in that pose. First, move your arms over to the right at a 45-degree angle and hold the pose for a count of 20. Then do the same on the left. Go back to original child’s pose, then thread your left arm under your right at a 90-degree angle while turning your head to the right and placing your left ear on the floor. Hold for a count of 20 and repeat reverse on the left side.
Been using my TRX bands to help stretch my upper body especially front of chest and shoulders, since my work involves hands forward and center all day.
- If you have had a difficult time getting a job at some point, what techniques helped you get out of that rut?
- What are some good stretches to do in bed?
- What’s your favorite stretch?
- What stretches are the best?
- How do you prevent over stretching in a body that is hyper extensible
- How can I stretch/loosen up the muscle in my thigh without bending the knee? I cannot bend my knee right now due to surgery and my thigh is constantly tense.
- Do you find it harder to stretch first thing in the morning?
- When you stretch, do you ever do it alone as a practice in itself, or only as a part of another workout or exercise?
- Do you have any recommendations for stretches at work?
- How do you find ways to step out of your comfort zone?