It’s of course personal. But I like writing directly out of my brain 🧠
But when I’m writing a note for my future self, it’s in third person.
If you’re talking about writing in your journal/diary, 1st. person. I can’t use another.
really in the book, and it helps me relate to the main character more. I love 2nd and 3rd as well, but I think 1st is my favorite
I think off the bat, 3rd person is my go-to, but not necessarily my favorite. It's easy to work with and to read, and allows you to get into many different characters' heads instead of limiting to the protagonist.
1st person does this, and while it can be very good when you know your protagonist well, it can also be very bad. A 1st person story where the narrative reads like a narrative and not the character telling the story is hard to get into.
2nd person is definitely the most difficult, and I rarely see it done because of that. However, that doesn't mean it's bad. When done well, 2nd person makes for a really compelling way to pull a reader into the story and place them there as their own character.
I like all three, given the circumstances are right. Some are just easier than others, so the right circumstances come more often.
- Do you think an expensive journal or planner is worthy to purchase?
- How do you feel after writing down how your feeling
- What’s your favourite writing prompt or bit of advice that you’ve come across?
- Do you journal in the morning or in the evening?
- Do you prefer a physical journal or a journal app?
- What do you enjoy writing about most? Do you ever want to publish your work?
- What is the best way of writing?
- What is worth to write in the journal or what people used to write in a journal?
- What’s a simple yet effective thing to write about daily?
- What do you journal about?