From my experience: lots of pushups, situps, and crunches, and as much running/elliptical/treadmill as possible. The key is starting slower and with less repetitions than you need, and gradually increasing the number of reps, and the length of runs. This helps build a habit of excercise, which is more important than working out a lot for just a few days.
muscle-building exercises. Things like squats, lunges, dips, pull-ups, push-ups, planks, especially with added weight if you can do it
Jumping jacks and jump rope is cardio and help burn fat. Spot reduction is not something I am familiar with but I know planks engage core muscles and can quickly make you sweat.
The best exercise I have found reducing belly fat involve the resistance band training. The idea of resistance bands is to strengthen muscle and tighten skin. Perfect for the stomach. You can find the exercises on YouTube and resistance bands are on amazon for up to £10.
Walking, running and dancing! Combined with less snacking and less sugary drinks you'll see great progress. All the best to you.
I do a circuit of five exercises three times with no break. 25 pushups, 25 sit-ups, 25 squats, and 25 calf raises to complete the circuit.
This gets my heart racing and I can control the pace. My only goal is to never stop. Slowing down is ok, but I never stop.
Reduction of belly fat mostly depends on a clean diet. If you're diet is already great, then focus on exercises that strengthen your entire torso – front and back. Superman exercise and lying leg raises are a good pair to do together
D Nio Q.
Since exercise can't target a specific area of fat (Exercise Science Major here), it's best to do what exercises you enjoy. I'm a fan of "6 inches" for a core workout though. 😁
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?