Ma Lia O.
Right now I use dentek which I don’t like, the shape of the floss handle is awkward and my teeth are too tight for it. I plan to go back to my water pick so I can stop buying floss and stop wasting all that plastic!
Minted waxed. Non waxed feels weird. Sometimes cinnamon is good too. I also prefer the roll the little floss picks seem like a waste of plastic.
Right now I’m using Dentek and I actually don’t like it at all because it’s hard to use; just designed strangely and it’s not comfortable. Also it gets stuck in my teeth a lot. I am going back to my water pick so I can stop buying and throwing out so much plastic waste!! (I liked my water pick better anyway!
I actually have a waterpik flosser, and I love it! It was a little pricey, and a little awkward to get used to at first, but totally worth it. It’s so much easier than the cord floss, and I think it does a better job. I hope that helps!
Alda R S.
I hate using boxed floss. It hurts my fingers and I end up choking myself trying to get it between my teeth. I use either plackers or listerine pre-strung flossing sticks. They are easy to use and because it’s easier for me to use them I’m less likely to skip the flossing.
That’s a tough question because some brands of floss have been linked with cancer-causing carcinogens. Yikes! Personally, I like the flat flosses that aren’t bulky and slide easily between the teeth and gums. I do, however, also recommend that you do some research and choose your own brand so that you can make safe, informed decisions about what you put in your mouth.
- What do you tell yourself to stay motivated to floss everyday?
- What time of day is the best time to floss for best effect?
- How best does one floss around molars? They’re hard to reach, hard to see, yet often the most in need of extra attention.
- Is it necessary to floss everyday? How does one floss properly and how do I know it’s helping? I feel like I am not doing it properly and that it’s not helping so I kind of find it hard to make it stick
- Do you always carry dental floss with you?
- How do you remember to do it?
- I am an avid user of floss picks—is there something else you suggest I try? (Water pick, standard floss, etc)
- Should I floss 1 or 2 times a day? I’m good at night only right now lol
- I’ve always brushed my teeth twice a day but it still shocked me how big a difference it made for me in oral hygiene. Did you notice any big changes?
- Should I set a timer for my flossing?