Just pick a time and try it for a week. If that time doesn’t work, pick a different one.
As for how long, I like to go by the CDC’s exercise recommendation of at least ten minutes to a meditation session, but I also worked my way up to that by starting with 5 and adding a minute every week.
If during the day I feel stressed or need to relax I do a quick breathing exercise.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?