I do yoga, so I just stay in my pyjamas. By the time I’m done, my mind and body both feel awake and ready for breakfast. It’s a really nice way to start the day 🙂
I also like walking in the afternoons to shake off any fatigue I feel after work – easier said than done in winter, but I still make an effort to do it because I just feel so much better when I do.
I keep both sessions short so they stay achievable (15-20 minutes) with longer sessions (up to an hour or so) when I can.
I find exercising first thing in the morning also increases my overall daily activity level, as I hypothesize my brain has now formed the “positive connection” of exercise and feeling energised and awake.
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?