Generally it's not that important to have a straight leg in a stretch, as long as you feel the stretch. Bend your knee as much as necessary, and as you get more flexible, you will need to bend it less.
It’s OK if you can’t stretch usually this changes from day today and whether your body is warm or not. Start small every day try to achieve the maximum stress you can do without trying to go further. Sticking to doing that for about a month will increase your flexibility. Also if you work out you will usually find that after working out or generally after exercising that Your range of motion is extended and stretching is easier.
I would say go to wherever your comfortable, then if you can push yourself slightly further and eventually you will see progress.
You have to be careful slightly bend your knee to go into a lower stretch I learned this in karate class for 5 yrs that I took it.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?