No trick. I just think about how happy I will feel once I complete that 1 task and then how happy I will be once my overall goal is met. I think of my goals more than the task
Find a routine that makes you feel good during and after. If you enjoy what you do, then it doesn't feel like a chore. Make changes gradual and not drastic. Start with 3 push ups, then work your way up to 10 or more.
The only way I've ever been able to keep a consistent workout routine is to make myself accountable to another person. That support has helped me get up and move when nothing else does.
Motivation. It's easier when you have a goal: to run a half marathon in autumn, to learn handstand, to be fit and healthy, etc.
- How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym when you really don’t want to?
- What do you do on a day when you’re not well?
- How do you manage to exercise during very busy days or when travelling?
- How do you make yourself exercise in the evening after work when you’re really tired?
- How do you find motivation and excitement throughout a stale routine that is unlikely to change if you don’t find that motivation first?
- What are the most efficient exercises I can do?
- How do you stay motivated if you don’t have an exercise buddy?
- What is you favourite fitness things you like to do?
- I am having such a hard time making it to the gym. How can I get motivated?
- What are other toning routines you do at your house?