Yoghurt and bananas are 100% okay pre workout food. Bananas give high energy levels quick and yoghurt is more difficult for the body to process, meaning it will give energy en proteins over the course of the workout. If you are on a vegetarian diet and animal products are no option, (soy)beans are your friend, if you take protein powder then take a bit before and after workout.
Hope it helps!
Post workout – again start with water maybe along with lemon slice in it. Generally I do my workouts in the morning so after water I have a heavy healthy breakfast such as 2 pcs of dates, 2 egg whites, sometimes upma, poha, idlis, etc. As what we say that we should eat as a king in the morning breakfast.
We need protein intake in any form after our workouts to keep us energetic and healthy.
It’s my observation which I am sharing with you.
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?