I start with a few minutes and get to consistency with that. It takes practice, then I am able to do longer time periods, so I add 1-2 minutes at a time and build up. I also use guided meditations that focus on the topics I need help with or that seem relevant given how the day went, etc.
I'd like to be able to meditate for 15 minutes. Currently I manage about 2 to 5 minutes before I get severely distracted.
My length goal for meditating would be to practice everyday when I wake up. If I miss one time meditating in the morning, I may meditate in the evening. But I want to try to meditate at least once everyday for 10 minutes.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??