I start with a few minutes and get to consistency with that. It takes practice, then I am able to do longer time periods, so I add 1-2 minutes at a time and build up. I also use guided meditations that focus on the topics I need help with or that seem relevant given how the day went, etc.
I'd like to be able to meditate for 15 minutes. Currently I manage about 2 to 5 minutes before I get severely distracted.
My length goal for meditating would be to practice everyday when I wake up. If I miss one time meditating in the morning, I may meditate in the evening. But I want to try to meditate at least once everyday for 10 minutes.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silence? Why?
- Why do we have to meditate at same time every day?
- Which position do you find works best when practicing meditation?
- What are the kind of meditations you do?
- What is actually the best time to meditate like according to studies and scientists?
- How do I access the visualization meditation? When I am not in the routine how do I go back?
- I always wake up restless, which kind of meditation I should do?
- When you find your mind wandering while meditating, what do your thoughts typically stray to?
- Do you do your morning mediation on the floor or on a chair? Curious about posture…
- What tips do you have for mediation?