They make a fantastic grab & go snack!
You can do a few days worth at a time. Any left over, you can always use up in a curry or a salad.
If you don't like fried eggs, scrambled eggs also don't take much time. Crack them in a bowl, add salt and pepper and a dash of milk, whisk with a fork, then scramble in a pan heated on medium with some oil.
Now if you can do some prep ahead of time, hardboil a few eggs and leave them in the fridge. They only take about 12 minutes to prep and there's nothing faster than cracking open a hard boiled egg, adding some salt and pepper and chowing down.
You can have oatmeal also as a source of protein, flavored yogurt.
Boil an egg and warm it next day by tossing it in hot water for a minute (not the yummiest option).
Other good protein sources could be hummus on whole grain bread. Or natural peanut butter
Not sure if it's suitable for you though – banana, while being a source of good carbs, still has carbs. And seeds while rich in nutrients, are also rich in calories. If you are cutting down on calories, skip the seeds and maybe use half a banana?
Hope that helps 🙂
More protein: low fat curd cheese. High protein, cheap, not very strong taste. Throw in onto everything: break, pancakes, as replacement for milk when eating cereals, etc.
Really gets the proteins in your breakfast up by a lot.
You could of course do classics like scrambled eggs and so on, but I find these way more boring. If you have pre cooked chicken from the day before this is great for protein as well. Another easy breakfast: mash a banana with 2 eggs and mix. Bake it like a pancake. Put a thick layer of low fat curd cheese onto it and a few berries on top. Quick, healthy, and tons of protein really 🙂
- What is considered a great breakfast to others? I beat 2 eggs with cottage cheese and scramble them with zucchini, spinach, green onion, bell peppers, and salsa with water.
- What can I do to get rid of constipation?
- Any healthy breakfast ideas?
- What are some quick breakfast ideas?
- What would be a great breakfast item?
- Is it good to eat yogurt every day as your breakfast?
- What are some easy, savory breakfasts to prepare the night before?
- What is another good breakfast besides eggs?
- What if you aren’t truly hungry when you wake up, should you force yourself to eat breakfast?
- I can’t always digest meat very well, what is a good alternate source of protein for breakfast besides eggs?