I blend one avocado, one banana, one tablespoon of honey and one table spoon of dutch processed cocoa powder to make a chocolate mousse and top it with sliced kiwi and strawberry! You get your daily portion of fruit in one go, and it gets you energized and full for the morning. Definitely my favorite.
I like to have something healthy to start off my morning right. Usually I will have eggs and toast or avocado toast, but lately I’ve been trying to have less bread. So, I know make myself either an omelet (which is lean protein) or oatmeal with blueberries or bananas and peanut butter 🙂
I normally have overnight oats, simply made with oat milk and maybe blueberries. If I didn’t have time to make it the night before I would just warm some oat milk in the morning and add the oats, then wait a couple of minutes for the oats to absorb the milk.
My go to breakfast is overnight oatmeal with toppings such as jam/peanut butter & fruits. Another idea is sourdough bread with sunny side egg on top and stir-fried potato as the side dish 🙂
I am a carb-loving lady so folks may not agree but I like avocado toast with eggs. I mix up how I prepare the eggs for fun but sliced hard boiled and over-easy are my favs (and from my minimal research seem about the same in nutrients). Docs seem to say to try not to exceed 2 eggs a day, per the same layman research, so choose your breakfast wisely! 🙂
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.