2) before you start cleaning, write down your small-chunk cleaning list.
3) determine a reward system that will motivate you. Me? I like stickers. They work great for small-chunk tasks. For bigger tasks, I reward myself with badges (pins that I can put on my Jean jacket). For getting EVERYTHING DONE… I’m not sure, but I think a trip to Hawaii would be good.
4) visualize the outcome of your efforts and how good it will feel to have accomplished something and completed your task, however small. Think about this while you’re cleaning.
5) put your phone in the basement or in your car or put it on airplane mode or just TURN IT OFF. Whatever it is that the phone wants can wait 20-30 minutes while you finish what you’re doing
6) give yourself a time limit. Clean like mad for 15-25 minutes and then rest (and hydrate). You’ve earned a moment to pause and thank yourself for your hard work.
7) take a moment to appreciate your progress when you finish. Take a before and after photo so that you can see what you have accomplished.
8) do your cleaning with intention and practice mindfulness while tidying up. Think about everything having its own place/home. You are restoring harmony to your home. Keep that goodness in mind as you work.
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!
- How can u be more organized and how can u enter more easy the cleaning into ur habit list?
- How do you manage to clean the house with a super busy schedule?
- My question is how often do people clean and tidy up?
- How do you motivate yourself to start cleaning?
- Do you have a routine for the clean and tidy up habit? If so, what is it?
- I am too lazy at doing laundry and i end up doing when it over flows? How do i train my mind to take it on priority
- How to keep your room tidy?/ how do I reduce my belongings? (Like clothes)
- I sometimes don’t clean my room in the evening due to tiredness. I have trouble with feeling guilty over not cleaning up my room in the evening. The guilt is overwhelming and I ruminate on it. Makes the day after less productive and more depressing. Do you ever feel guilty? How do you deal with it in terms of thoughts? Or do you focus your attention on something else? or are there things you say or automatically do? I could use some ideas on this, I have to be honest; I have Bipolar II, and excessive guilt is one of the official symptoms/criteria. I really don’t know what else to think besides guilt, nothing else comes up in my thoughts and I am stuck. Any tips are welcome. Thank you very much.