▪️If I am having trouble sleeping especially when I have body aches I practice Sleep Yoga.
▪️But if its my brain that not winding down I practice 4-7-8 Breathing. That definitely works.
▫️Tip: NEVER TAKE A NAP LATE IN THE DAY. Before 2pm is fine after that you are just setting yourself up for a sleepless night.
▫️Another tip: Make contingency plans, figure out everything that works for you. Chances are there more than one ways to help you sleep. Then come up with a plan that goes like: this, if this doesn't work try that, if that doesn't work try something else…
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?