Read a book, or as silly as it sounds simply just close your eyes. I like to think about little things for the next day – nothing too big to make me anxious, just small things like what will I wear, what should I have for breakfast etc.
I start an audio meditation, put my phone face down and turn my notifications off (I leave my ringer on for emergencies) so I don't see or hear notifications. I also use this time to spend mindful time with my dog. I noticed she was nosing in when I had my phone in my hand, so she really enjoys it when both of my hands are free for pets
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?