I also find that a stretch in the evening, either after work or before bed, is not only relaxing, it also loosens up the muscles that have gotten tight from sitting at work during the day. I usually stretch for about 5-10 minutes, depending on what I need. Hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds, and make sure to stretch evenly on both sides. One side will usually be tighter than the other, so give your tight side a bit more love!
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?