1/ oven to 180C.
2/ halve an avocado and remove the stone.
3/ crack an egg into one hand above the sink. Wiggle your fingers until you only have the yolk left.
4/ pop the yolk into the avocado hole.
5/ same again for the second half.
6/ a bit of salt and (optionally) chilli flakes on each half.
7/ bake on a baking sheet for 5 min, eat immediately.
No mess, and takes about 6 mins.
If you have some kale, you can fry that off in the pan with a little butter before you put the egg in. It makes it a little easier to digest. If you want to go even further, when I have time I make my own baked beans, great for protein. That combined with the kale is amazing because it has some good iron in it too.
If you’d like to know how much of each:
3/4 cup of egg whites, or 2 large eggs and 1/4 cup of egg whites.
1 cup of spinach (30 grams).
1 oz of shredded cheese.
2 slices of bread.
8 oz of orange juice.
Buy everything organic if you can.
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??