1/ oven to 180C.
2/ halve an avocado and remove the stone.
3/ crack an egg into one hand above the sink. Wiggle your fingers until you only have the yolk left.
4/ pop the yolk into the avocado hole.
5/ same again for the second half.
6/ a bit of salt and (optionally) chilli flakes on each half.
7/ bake on a baking sheet for 5 min, eat immediately.
No mess, and takes about 6 mins.
If you have some kale, you can fry that off in the pan with a little butter before you put the egg in. It makes it a little easier to digest. If you want to go even further, when I have time I make my own baked beans, great for protein. That combined with the kale is amazing because it has some good iron in it too.
If you’d like to know how much of each:
3/4 cup of egg whites, or 2 large eggs and 1/4 cup of egg whites.
1 cup of spinach (30 grams).
1 oz of shredded cheese.
2 slices of bread.
8 oz of orange juice.
Buy everything organic if you can.
- Is fruit enough for you? Or are you starving as I am?
- What’s your recommendation for a good breakfast?
- What breakfasts give you the most energy? Feel free to drop a recipe 🙂
- What is your go-to quick breakfast with low to no carbs?
- How do you have time to eat breakfast within an hour after you wake up?
- What is your biggest challenge regarding your diet?
- What do you normally eat that’s super easy like the options it gave in the letter? I want more variety!
- As a vegan are there any items other than porridge, muesli and yogurt that I can eat with fruit?
- What other quick and protein-rich meals can I have for breakfast?
- What if you don’t have enough time to cook before work?