A body that keeps you alive, despite how we feel about it's appearance.
And hope. Be grateful for hope. Hope that things you felt impossible are possible. Even made in
I guess, back then, I was baffled…if I didn’t like something, how could I be grateful?
I can see now it’s about looking at the bigger picture and you will see that there are more positive things, in any situation, to be grateful for. Sometimes you just need to take an extra bit of time to spot them.
So when I was younger and less than impressed that I had socks as a Christmas gift and my sister had amazing toys. I should have been grateful that my Aunt took the time to listen to me when I had complained weeks before I couldn’t find any matching socks. I should have been grateful that my Aunt chose to spend money she worked hard for on me. I should have been grateful that I was given something I needed, rather than a toy I’d have played with for a week or two and then stored away. I should have been grateful that my sister enjoyed her toys best when I played with her.
If you’re struggling to see what there is to be grateful for, I ask you to stop and take step back and see your world from where I’m standing.
What I personally like to do is write down 3 things I am grateful for that day. I am always pleasantly suprised when I review the last month/year that I actually did a lot of fun stuff and lived so many good days.
By practicing gratitude, we can avoid the trap of feeling down when there are actually more reasons to feel happy.
Hope that gives you some ideas! Good luck! 👍🙏
Thank you for asking- I already feel lifted today.
- Recently, a man died and I learned about him to celebrate his life. I thought this made me grateful to have “known” him. Can sad events/actions make one grateful?
- What do you notice about how you feel after practicing gratitude?
- How long did it take after making a gratitude list , did you see a positive affect in your life ?
- How can you practice sincere appreciation or show those you care about the appreciation they deserve from you?
- what are some tips or ways i can practice being grateful?
- How often do you stop and are thankful for what is around you?
- Are you finding the Be Grateful habit helpful?
- What things have you found gratitude for that you had never noticed before?
- Is grateful for y’all small or big things? Is it feelings or things you enjoy to do or items or people you have? The places you go the things you grow or the people that may follow in your pathway? Is it never ending or stops at some point? These are all the things one loves to know. 😌🤗 Thank you, I usually know when I see that positive flow, some days the smiles and other days the joyous laughs. 💜
- How often should you practice being grateful when you’re feeling depressed and with anxiety