As for what to put on it, I say avocado on brown toast is a quick and easy option to begin with. Hard boiled egg sandwiches are tasty and full of protein. You could also have fish in your sandwich – smoked salmon is great, or else tuna (without mayonnaise to avoid saturated fats). Salad sanwiches are good too, as long as there is no fatty/oily dressing.
You could also eat a portion of fruit and some nuts and seeds on the side.
I normally eat Müller Light Greek Style Whipped yoghurt for breakfast. I also enjoy strawberries or bananas, and occasionally a square of dark chocolate. I have a very sweet tooth, and I like to eat light, so it may not fill you. Stick to what makes you feel good!
Good luck with your breakfast!
I use 1 cup rolled oats,
1Tbl chia seeds
1 Tbl fennel seeds (you can also use other types of seeds)
A handful of blueberries and raspberries
2 Tbl honey
And about 2 cups almond milk
Then if I have it I'll scoop a Tbl or two of almond butter on the side. 😍
Just combine everything but the fruit and honey and allow to chill in the fridge overnight.
But if it's just additions to bread you're after, a boiled egg with avacado and chili flakes are nice toast toppings
For more protein add an egg.
How about avocado toast? Whole wheat bread with poaced egg and avocado on it?
Whole wheat bread with almond butter
Toasted whole wheat bread till crispy, then add fruits puree
Whole wheat bread with banana slice, with homemade nutela recipe from deliciously ella.
Whole wheat bread with banana slice and nut butter.
Whole wheat bread with home made jam. There are healthy jam recipes without sugar on internet. Try search vegan strawberry jam.
To change things up, you can inject all sorts of random fruits in there; banana slices on your peanut butter and toast or blueberries in your yogurt.
Hope that helps!!
Peanut butter (or nut butter)
If I have a day off work, I enjoy having scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toast. Very nice
I also like eating bread as part of my breakfast, *consider changing the white bread with whole wheat bread, it is an healthier option
Eggs are going great on a toasted bread, and with a nice salad next to it it'll be a great breakfast.
You can also try making an omelet with an onion, parsley and even mushrooms if you like, and eat it with the bread. Bon appetite! Good luck with your journey to be fabulous!
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??