As for what to put on it, I say avocado on brown toast is a quick and easy option to begin with. Hard boiled egg sandwiches are tasty and full of protein. You could also have fish in your sandwich – smoked salmon is great, or else tuna (without mayonnaise to avoid saturated fats). Salad sanwiches are good too, as long as there is no fatty/oily dressing.
You could also eat a portion of fruit and some nuts and seeds on the side.
I normally eat Müller Light Greek Style Whipped yoghurt for breakfast. I also enjoy strawberries or bananas, and occasionally a square of dark chocolate. I have a very sweet tooth, and I like to eat light, so it may not fill you. Stick to what makes you feel good!
Good luck with your breakfast!
I use 1 cup rolled oats,
1Tbl chia seeds
1 Tbl fennel seeds (you can also use other types of seeds)
A handful of blueberries and raspberries
2 Tbl honey
And about 2 cups almond milk
Then if I have it I'll scoop a Tbl or two of almond butter on the side. 😍
Just combine everything but the fruit and honey and allow to chill in the fridge overnight.
But if it's just additions to bread you're after, a boiled egg with avacado and chili flakes are nice toast toppings
For more protein add an egg.
How about avocado toast? Whole wheat bread with poaced egg and avocado on it?
Whole wheat bread with almond butter
Toasted whole wheat bread till crispy, then add fruits puree
Whole wheat bread with banana slice, with homemade nutela recipe from deliciously ella.
Whole wheat bread with banana slice and nut butter.
Whole wheat bread with home made jam. There are healthy jam recipes without sugar on internet. Try search vegan strawberry jam.
To change things up, you can inject all sorts of random fruits in there; banana slices on your peanut butter and toast or blueberries in your yogurt.
Hope that helps!!
Peanut butter (or nut butter)
If I have a day off work, I enjoy having scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toast. Very nice
I also like eating bread as part of my breakfast, *consider changing the white bread with whole wheat bread, it is an healthier option
Eggs are going great on a toasted bread, and with a nice salad next to it it'll be a great breakfast.
You can also try making an omelet with an onion, parsley and even mushrooms if you like, and eat it with the bread. Bon appetite! Good luck with your journey to be fabulous!
- Any ideas for a healthier breakfast when there’s limited time and I fancy something sweet?
- What does the other Fabulous members eat for breakfast for optimum energy?
- I’m always on the go running late what items do you grab for a quick bite?
- What does everyone usually have for there breakfast?
- What is the healthiest high-protein breakfast that doesn’t require any cooking?
- What are they eating
- Cheap breakfast ideas?
- To save some time in the morning, do prepare your breakfast the day before?
- What defines a ‘great breakfast’ to you?
- How can I motivate myself to set up my breakfast at night so I have an easier morning when I am exhausted?