Stretching, stretching wakes me up and enables me to keep more in touch with myself, when I'm quiet and alone in the morning. Gardening, pruning, enables new growth and keeps plants healthy.
It depends on the day, and the weather. If the weather is nice, I will go for either a nice refreshing walk, or a slow jog, or bikeride in the neighborhood. If the weather is not so nice, or if I feel like I need more headspace that day, I do some indoor yoga (down dog is a great free app to start your practice).
I like following Tom Merrick’s Bodyweight warrior videos. The 5 min morning mobility routine is a great way to warm up in the mornings!
Ones focused on stretching where the core muscles are engaged.
I also enjoy recumbent cycling because I used to bike before my ehlers danlos got worse.
I also enjoy rowing. It’s super hard for me and I can only do it for like 30 seconds, but it is a full body workout that doesn’t take much time or preparation.
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?