After a workout I eat a piece of fruit (carbohydrates of fast absorption) a natural iogurt (sometimes I choose high-protein ones) or low-fat fresh cheese and cereal- sometimes oat or whole bread or whole cereals. I try to make different combinations everyday. Usually I prepare the combination at night (for example overnight oats, or a sandwich with fresh cheese and tomato (instead of fruit). I do gym in the morning so the recovery is also my breakfast. And I am a nutritionist/dietist which makes it easier 😉 Good luck
I like to eat soups it helps me a lot because I eat vegetables and it warms my body and soul. For exercise I love to do yoga. I use to practice every day but I haven't done anything the past 3 years. Also I like cycling.
I like yogurt just after finishing workout, also peanuts. Then when I get home I prepare myself an egg, even better with milk.
Na L Z.
I like to make a banana, date and LSA (Linseed, Sesame, Almond) smoothie with milk, as I find it filling and gives me energy for the day ahead.
First of all I drink a couple of glasses of some water in. salmon with honey and lemon. Secondly, a protein shake, I use Herbalife.
Eggs. Usually scrambled. I like them with avocados when I have them and usually cook them with some cumin and turmeric for a bit of extra colour and flavour. I also like to pop a bit of hot sauce on them for a bit of zing.
A big glass of water and some fruit with peanut butter. Sometimes I eat a yogurt with banana, other times I eat a banana with peanut butter or oatmeal with kiwi and cinnamon that's one of my favorites. The most important part for me is water and banana!
I'm presently doing intermittent fasting so I don't eat until noon. I workout first thing in the morning when fasted and don't consume any food. When I'm not fasting, my go-to will usually be a protein shake. I start with a cup of nut milk as a base, fruit (half banana or some berries), seeds (chia, flax or hemp), a plant based protein powder and some high quality fats like nut butter, avocado or mct oil. Blend with ice and voila!
I currently do not have one and just completed my first three days of exercise in the morning. This is still quite light exercise. However, I would think a high protein meal would be best. A banana with almond butter as a snack would appeal to me. Good luck in finding something for you.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.