When you found the times you study best, create a clean study environment. Make it organized and put all electronics away (if you need a laptop, block all unneeded websites). Make sure you have water or a cup of tea and maybe a HEALTHY snack so that you don’t have to keep getting distracted.
It’s best to study for a set time like 30-40 minutes and then have a 5 minute break where you stretch, eat a snack or talk with a family member. Watching YouTube and Netflix is not a break because your brain is still processing information at a high speed and that’s not good.
I hope this helped somehow 🙂 remember that motivation to study never just pops out of nowhere. It comes from building the right habits!
- How do you develop self-discipline?
- I find I study obsessively. I love the work! I was just wondering how to not let it take over every aspect of your life?
- How can I keep motivated?
- What can I do to not feel so overtired and get rid of my stress, anxiety and nervousness?
- How did you start your Fabulous journey?
Dinner offers a nice break between work and study so you don’t feel burned out and by getting your studying in early, you leave yourself enough time afterwards to enjoy a guilt free reward – your favourite tv show, music, a book etc.
Otherwise, from experience, if you do the rewarding ‘fun’ thing first then you’re not really incentivising yourself to study and will likely put it off.
- How do you know if you’re stressed?
- How to stay more focused, and not get distracted by little things?
- What do you do if you feel depressed on exams week?
- How can I stop a bad habit?
- How do you find time to read?
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?