I am trying to learn to not beat myself up when I procrastinate, make it harder for me to indulge in distractions, make it easier for me to follow through on my plan by setting the goals and the right environment to achieve the goal, and then learning to feel good when I have completed the plan… then repeat.
At this time I am practicing at least once daily this deliberate act of trying to “reprogram” my brain 🧠 (and my 💪 body I guess) to follow through on a plan that I have written down on my ToDoList.
- How many days per week do you study? How much would you say is enough?
- Is there an app you would recommend to grow your general knowledge?
- How do you balance time among multiple goals? Say university thesis, job hunting, and learning to code.
- How do you stay motivated and focused on studying when you just don’t feel like it?
- How do I identify the optimal steps to learning something new?
Always remind yourself of what your plans are and why you want to follow through with them. If you are conscious of what you want to do and are always thinking about it then you won’t forget to make an effort.
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?
- What are some tips for better concentration and actually learning the material?
- How do you stop yourself from getting distracted while studying?
- How do you find what gives you positive motivation?
- How do you focus for long periods of time?
- How should I keep focused when I don’t make progress on certain tasks? For this case I stuck with the score of 6 for my IELTS writing exam while my target score is 7. And it hasn’t changed even a little bit for so long.