In general, for me, slow movements stretching forward then arching back is good. Of course, having stronger stomach muscles helps your back, so I will sometimes tighten my stomach muscles when doing the lean forward part.
Moving your shoulders forward, then back can both relieve tension in your back and chest.
Raising one arm at a time and leaning toward the opposite side and then moving it around seems to help me with shoulder tension as well as my back.
1) stretching everything below your lower back – hip flexors, hamstrings, quads, calves, glutes (all 3 muscle groups).
2)This is best supported by a daily core work out.
3) good form and an understanding of the difference between working a muscle (many people get frustrated with stretching because they are actually doing an isometric exercise, not stretching the muscle and never get more flexibility) and stretching a muscle and associated tendons and ligaments. Relaxation is the key to stretching. As an example: Muscles are there to support your structure among other things, now imagine someone with super tight hamstrings bending forward to perform a stretch and hanging the entire weight of their upper body on their hamstrings, muscles are awesome but they are dumb. This muscle will engage to support the excess weight and stretch and begin to protect. To protect itself and it’s owner the muscle flexes and badaboom badabing you’re exercising and not stretching. It’s best to use supports and find the relaxation in the stretching to get great gains.
- Why is my body much more flexible in the evening than the morning?
- What’s the best order to stretch to become more flexible?
- Better ways to stretch my back and hips, and ways to increase neck mobility.
- Would you like some neck rotations to be included in the daily stretch? Do you ever practice facial yoga? Eg. Pouting your lips and opening your mouth extra wide, rotating your eyeballs etc.
- Do you have a favourite song to exercise to?
- Have you been through a rough time? Like for example, mine was the time when I got to high school. I think I made a lit of mistakes, on high and back in elementary, so I don’t have any close friends. If you have experienced the same or similar thing as I do, how do you get over it if you have changed into something much different than a lonely person?
- Where do you feel the pull in lounges
- I tend to stretch out in the evenings before bed to get the best relaxing effects. When do you prefer to stretch and what’s your purpose for doing so?
- Do you stretch in the morning and does it make the day better?
- What time of day do you like to stretch?