in my opinion disconnect and unplug means that shut down your cell phone or any device you used to and free yourself for some time from digital world and web surfing.
I think it means to put your phone on your charger and not go on it anymore for the day. Disconnect and unplug from your phone by finding other things to do and relax.
To disconnect and unplug means to put the electronics away and immerse yourself in something that brings you great joy. As in spending time with family, or pets, or doing a craft, reading a book, even cleaning. As you immerse yourself in something like that that brings you joy, you give yourself the option of being able to take a break from social media without feeling as though you are waiting time and feeling as though you need to go back to the electronics. The disconnect helps you to discover yourself and the things that bring you joy.
Unplug means to really take the time to disengage from your divices before going to bed ( for me unplug T.V, cellphone, laptop, radio, computer, tablets and any electronic devices I own or have besides me). I believe is important for ourselves to allow our brain to relax and to calm down before sleeping. So, unplug means to allow ourselves to quiet ours paces to enjoy a better night of rest.
It means that you take the time to be committed to yourself. You spend a moment without social media or any other source of distractions you can think of. While you are unplugging, you can meditate, do some breathing exercises, write in you journal, talk with your family, pet your cat, etc. as long as you spend that time enjoying the present moment without technology.
- When I disconnect and unplug, I’m lying in my bed with what seems like an interminable number of thoughts looping in my head. I know, my head is very talkative. I can’t sleep because of this, and so after a while, my phone shuts me up because I go and look at it. Any advice on keeping my thoughts to a minimum? Cheers.
- What motives you to put your phone away?
- I easily forget to do my night routine. How can I make it a permanent thing?
- I often stay on my phone late to distract from negative thoughts in my mind, how can I avoid these negative thoughts getting out of control without going on my phone.
- I don’t like to leave my phone an hour before sleep.. is it a necessity if i already can sleep well ?
- What is their evening routine and why?
- How do you deal with friends that are trying to contact you while you’re getting ready to fall asleep and disconnecting?
- How many hours before sleep time do you disconnect?
- What does it help you the most to disconnect at night? I am still finding it hard to disconnect from my phone and not look at it right before going to bed…
- What have u tried that doesn’t work?