I really like soft boiled eggs, oatmeal, fruit, quiche, ect. Anything really that packs well and can be a good option. I do try to do a little bit better than a granola bar or a tablespoon of peanut butter.
What ended up working for me was just making scrambled eggs every morning. It’s cheap and very quick to make, less than 10 minutes all together and you can do it while you get dressed or do morning stretches or any part of your morning routine to save time.
The salt, pepper, and butter seasoning option is my go to for the eggs. I started out as a no-breakfast person, and after getting used to this habit I wake up craving the eggs lol.
Above all the eggs are healthy and provide a great source of protein to keep you energized till lunch. Much better than sugary cereal or granola bars.
Generally I like to have oatmeal or eggs in the morning, but if my stomach is really feeling off I'll have a spoonful of peanut butter, or grab an apple or granola bar to eat if I get hungry.
Sometimes I will put peanut butter on my banana too 😉
Yesterday I had some nuts and fruit. They’re very easy to eat more of, and a resealable bag lets me carry them with me when I leave the house
I always make sure that I have something to eat within the first hour of waking up to help kick start my day.
But my favourite is to keep a loaf of awesome bread from the local bakery in the freezer, already sliced, so I can quickly grab 2 slices, throw it in the toaster, throw in the peanut butter and then slice up a banana to have with it.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.